But if you're doing a huge Europe trip, I'll let you in on a little secret. When you get to Croatia, empty your carry-on bag into your suitcase and transfer your essentials for Sail Week into the carry-on bag. Everything you need to enjoy the week will fit in your carry-on bag, trust me!
But what do you do with your luggage once you've transferred everything over to the smaller bag?
Sail Week have secure luggage areas where you can leave your suitcase for the week, so you don't need to worry about it while you're swimming in the crystal-clear ocean and soaking up the sun.
Now here's what you need to pack inside your duffel bag:
- Comfortable clothes to explore the island in
- Casual summer clothes for the night
- 4 x swimsuits - you'll be living in them so make sure you bring a few of these!
- 1 pair of flip-flops for when you're on the island or at parties - you won't be wearing shoes for most of the trip.
- 1 pair of sneakers for exploring the island, going hiking and riding scooters over the island + a pair of socks.
- 2 pairs of pyjamas
- Toothbrush and hairbrush
- Shampoo, conditioner and body wash but make sure these are travel size
- Girls, only bring the makeup that you NEED because you'll only be wearing it at night!
- Don't forget your makeup remover!
- Sunscreen!!! This is the most important one, we went through 3 bottles of sunscreen on our yacht and it still wasn't enough!
- Wet wipes - these are for when you get back at 5 am from partying and need to wipe off the dirt and sweat before jumping into bed.
- An inflatable The raft party isn't as fun if you don't have an inflatable to use! You can buy them at the port and on every island, so don't worry if you forget to bring one from home.
- Your country flag. If you don't have one, don't worry. SailWeek will put one on your yacht.
- A hat.
- Sunglasses or two! Somehow everyone kept losing their sunglasses!
- A beach towel.
- A car charger for your phone.
- A deck of cards because who doesn't love a good drinking game before going out!
- Snacks to cure your hunger after a night out.
- Alcohol. SailWeek allows you to bring your own alcohol aboard. No need to stack for a week at your departure Marina. You can get some easily at the local shops on each island.
What to leave at home:
- Portable speaker - the yachts come with speakers so that's one less thing you need to pack.
- Dressy clothes - guys, leave the button-up collared shirts at home!
Don't pack too much because you'll be living in your swimming costume and it's totally acceptable because everyone else will be doing the exact same thing!